By popular demand, with the help of our friends at Riehl Printing, we’re pleased to announce that PAH logo shirts are available! Check them out, along with Riehl’s other fine geek-themed products.
The Post Atomic Horror podcast has taken on a monumental task: to review every official contribution to Star Trek canon, from the original pilot (“The Cage”) to the series finale of Enterprise, then into the as-yet-forthcoming Discovery. As of this writing (fall 2016), we’re past the halfway point of Voyager, putting us at about three quarters of the way to our overall goal. The show releases every week, typically covering two episodes. Often, there are guests. Between seasons, we do “supplemental” episodes to discuss various topics and answer our mail.
Tone-wise, we try to set up camp somewhere between “adoring fanboys” and “relentless hecklers.” We do love Trek, but we’re not afraid to mock it. You’re much more likely to hear a terrible impression of a tertiary character who caught our attention or a lengthy diatribe about shovels and mullets than you are an impassioned discussion about… I don’t know, canon or stardates or whatever. We’re comedians, first and foremost — albeit comedians who love Star Trek.
If you’d like to try a sample episode, we’d recommend this one, covering the TOS episodes “The Doomsday Machine” and “The Apple.” Or this one, covering “The Inner Light” and “Time’s Arrow part 1” (recorded live at the Emerald City Comicon — there’s also video.) These installments both cover one episode we loved and another that we weren’t so fond of. They represent pretty much everything our show is about.
Beyond that… start from the beginning, or jump in with current episodes. And even if you’re not all that into Trek, give us a try. The biggest compliment we’ve received from listeners is that we actually made the series sound fun enough for them to start watching.
Covering “The Xindi” and “Anomaly.”
Wrapping up season two of Enterprise and answering your mail!
- We’re Trying episode where Amanda & AAl visited a cave
- Deek’s catfish
- screencap from the book about Archer’s dad
- PAH listener Alice on how “Cogenitor” basically = The Handmaid’s Tale
- donate to our fundraiser!
- the shelf of Trek- and PAH-related stuff in AAl’s office
- AAl’s Mark Twain magnet, a gift from Nate
- “Catfish,” a song by Richard
- AAlgar Productions page on Facebook
- Pinhead Games, producers of the forthcoming Adventures of Nick & Willikins point-and-click adventure game, co-written by and co-starring Matt & AAl
- Trailer for The Adventures of Nick & Willikins
In our annual holiday meetup with English and Irish Gav, we cover an episode the 70s Wonder Woman and two episodes of the marionettastic Terrahawks.
Covering “Bounty and “The Expanse.”
Covering “Regeneration” and “First Flight.”